April 14, 2011

Don't Take the Fall

Why. Let me explain. First and foremost. This is a FUN contest. The grand prize is pretty stellar, but... well it should be. The contest voting is not based on who is pretty or who is a size zero pant. It would be obserd for me to have a contest looking for perfection, when I am not perfect. Personally, for me inner beauty shines above and beyond any form of exterior beauty. As a photographer it is my job to find inner beauty with all my clients and bring it out in their portraits. I am a firm believer in that one single positive comment can out weigh 1000 bad or negative ones. If you look at the comments of the contestants, they are amazing! We live in a harsh world where tearing each other down seems to becoming the norm. And praise is becoming neglected. Praise is AMAZING! Yes, there is one Grand Prize for the final winner. But I am making all efforts to have multiple winners on all prize levels. From being able to control my status for 1 day, to gift certificates... and more to come. The idea behind this, is to have fun. Be creative. And promote self confidence within ourself and those we love. I appologize, that not everyone will come out a winner... with something of material value in their hands. But to me all the comments, praise and having the compassion and confidence to enter the contest,.. alone is an amazing reward. Please keep the contest fun and friendly don't take the fall and tear someone down in the process. As it defeats my entire effort.