April 05, 2011

Portfolio Boosting


Want to add amazing images to your portfolio? First thing you need to do is get together a creative team. My personal "Creative Team" includes 1 or 2 models, an MUA - Make Up Artist/Stylist and an assistant. You can search for potential team members through google search for local photographers, models, stylist... etc. Also, Model Mayhem is a great source to find some hidden talent, be cautious though as anyone can have a profile on Model Mayhem. Once you have your team in place, begin talking about desired styling, what look you are going for. Wardrobe, accessories, location. A great shoot is not something you can throw together at the last minute and expect to be amazing in the end. All of my model shoots have, at the least 2 weeks of prep time with my team. Using tear sheets, web images and even sketches I do in order for my team as a whole to understand my idea and the direction I want the shoot to go in. Ask for creative feedback. Each person in your "team" has their own creative talent and with it, creative mind. Utilize that.

So get out there, find your creative team and get shooting!